Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Visiting Margaritaville

I'm the thick of a few projects, which is good, because I like working, but bad, because I also like being lazy.

I bought $20 worth of gas for the Budget-Truck on Saturday because I had to haul a new sofa.  New to us only, it was generously donated by a relative who has been redecorating.

From another family member, recently returned from a jaunt to Mexico, we recieved a gift of Tequila, so the Budget Clan decided on making delicious margaritas.  A quick trip to the store netted me:

$2 Chips
$7 Margarita mix
$1 Limes

It was like a party in my house for $10.  Can't beat that.

Later this week there is a Blood Drive at work.  I would have signed up anyway, but the sponsors of the drive are giving away a gift certificate for a pint of Haagen Daaz icecream for a donation.  Also, since I'm going at lunch, a local sandwich vendor is giving away free box lunches.  Double score!  All for doing a good deed.  I don't know if that's considered instant Karma, but a penny-pinching ronin is certainly glad for any break he can catch.

I'm putting what's left of the Hot Tub back up for sale.  I'm bummed about the blown pump, and the interested buyer who seemed good to take it off of our hands but backed out at the last minute.  I've decided to relist it and see what we can get for it, regardless.  Any money is better than no money and the reduced clutter would be welcome.

I'm just glad there is tequila and margarita mix to spare.

No comments: