Monday, August 20, 2007

Two days shy...

Hmm... 12 days since last post, 2 days shy of a fortnight. I'm sure I could have come up with a clever fortnight title if I waited (e.g. A Budget Ronin's Fortnight Lament), but I feel guilty for waiting this long already. Fortnight just sounds so classy.

Speaking of classy... the Craptastiganza has long since been over. I would have posted about the glorious finish, but I don't really have one. I ate all my neo-batchelor food and enjoyed it. Surprisingly, I didn't get sick or anything, but considering I've done that like once in for-never, I'm really not that surprised. I should do some more laps around the track though. I'm thinking about adding one, which would bring me up to a total of one.

I recovered my lovely Budgets Naginata and Edamame on Saturday and we returned reunited as a full Clan. I think there was some lawnmowing in there somewhere, too.

I do need to catch up on a couple of receipts. On 8/10, I was all about the buying gas ($31.51) and drinks:

Beer/Wine $13
Coke $6
=total $19

On the 18th (8/18), we made a strip to the store for necessary supplies for cooking out all weekend:

Coke $7
Buns $1
Cheese $2
Chips $4
Water $3
Tortillas $2
Fruit $2
Lunch Salad $2
Yogurt $1
Eggs $1
Ground Beef $10
Spare Ribs $20
=total: $55

And you can't go a couple of weeks without more gas, so $33.14 on 8/19.

Whew! Obviously I've been carrying a couple of those receipts around in my pocket for a while. I should really put them down more often. Even if it's just a quick gas reciept. But enough about that, let's do some updates:

Hot Tub: No buyer. The most interested prospective shopper sent me many emails, promising to be out this past week. Then nothing. No show, no follow up mails, no nothing. I have no new plan of attack for this one. I might try to just sell the lid, which is in great shape and retails new for like $400 dollars. Maybe give anyone buying it the option of a free hot tub to go with it. Hmmm.

Truck: Still without battery power. Currently sitting in the garage.

Computer: The motherboard I bought was defective, so I'm having to return it. I am now waiting for a new one. This sucks, but not so badly as not having a machine at all, so I'll count my small blessings.

No comments: