Wednesday, May 9, 2007

the daily spend 5-9-07

Today was grocery day here at the Budget household. I have forgotten to get orange juice for the last 2 trips to the store and Edemame was insistent that we HAVE TO HAVE SOME. So off to the store we went. Obviously I needed other things but it's nice that Edemame got to think it was all HER idea. :)
Items marked (nol) are "Not On List". I always make a list before I go to the store to minimize problems with "Now what did I need?" type mistakes. My list always includes estimated prices (and frankly, I'm pretty spot on since I do the majority of the grocery shopping) and my total before I went to the store was $56. Tonight I neglected to put food for our cookout dinner on the list but I went ahead and bought it anyway and I was STILL under budget. 'Cause that's how I roll y'all.

ETA: In the sense of all fairness I have to say that I put the big thing of cat food on my list: $14 and I actually bought the smaller one: $8 so much of my under budgetness was because of that.

Publix:
Potato Chips: $2 (nol)
Hamburger Buns: $2 (nol)
Hot Dog Buns: $2 (nol)
Turkey Franks: $2 (nol)
(I feel like that kid in Better Off Dead, "TWO DOLLARS!")
Ground Beef: $4
Ground Chicken: $3
(4)Diced Tomatoes: $$2
Orange Juice: $4
Colby Jack Cheese: $2 (nol)
(2)Butter: $5
(2) Milk: $5
Oil: $3
Cat Food: $8
Cat Litter: $9
Total = $53.82

No comments: