Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fuel.

Some days it's a bit easier than others. I get a free lunch from in my office or donuts down in the breakroom make for a tasty snack. Other days it's a bit harder and I feel my belly grumble or hear people talk about meeting friends out for a nice dinner and I realize I still have many, many more days to go. It's not all about food, but I think we've definately handled our food by convenience and moving away from that model is proving to be aggravating.

I think once we get under 300 days left, I might feel like we've accomplished something bigger. As it stands, I think we've had some good luck and an initial adrenaline rush of starting something new. I fear what may happen around day 200 of the challenge when the thrill has gotten a bit stale. I'd make some comment about my attention span and our modern society, but I fear it lacks any fresh insight.

I am encouraged, however, by our continued string of tiny improvements for little or no money and how our friends seem supportive and understanding. I think maybe even a couple have gotten inspired to examine their own spending habits in light of our initial success. I also find the "thrill" of buying things has diminished somewhat. I'm more looking forward to some personal art projects than I am the next video game or DVD. I also feel like it's a good time to have a better connection with Naginata and Edamame, if for no other reason than to keep communication open on things that are working/not working and what things have made us happy during this time.

I'm sure I'll have something more to share soon. Until then:
$20.01 in gas on the Budget-Truck this past Tuesday (5/22/07).

No comments: